- Our meditation classes are free and offered as a community service.
- There is no need to bring anything. We provide the chairs. See also: What do you need to meditate?
- The meditation courses are suitable for beginners wishing to learn meditation for the first time; they are also useful for those wishing to enhance their current practise of meditation.
- Our classes are based on the teachings of Sri Chinmoy.
- During the course, we offer several different meditation techniques, such as visualisation, concentration, breathing exercises, live music and mantra.
About our classgivers
Here are some of the people who give classes in London:
Devashishu lives and works in London, but often travels to different part of the world. He has been a meditation student of Sri Chinmoy for over 30 years and has given meditation classes in London, Australia, US and parts of Europe. He helps to co-ordinate the European leg of the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run.
Manatita is originally from Kingston, Jamaica. He moved to London in the 1970s, and has been a student of Sri Chinmoy for over 30 years. He works as a nurse in London hospitals.
Jana from the Czech Republic now lives in London, where she works at a specialist running shop – Run and Become. Jana has been giving meditation classes in London for several years.
Our instructors are from the London Sri Chinmoy Centre, which has been giving meditation classes since the early 1970’s.About the Sri Chinmoy Centre »
A typical meditation course
These are some of the topics that we may cover in a typical meditation course.
- Introduction to meditation
- How to silence the mind
- The art of breathing
- Simple concentration exercises
- The heart and the mind
- Music and meditation
- Going deep within
- Meditation as part of a spiritual life
For follow on courses, more details will be given during the classes.
Music and Meditation
As part of the meditation experience we often offer live music during our meditation classes. The music is meditative and offers a new dimension to meditation.